A totally outrageous story that incites my highest anger concerning the intersection of religion and politics in their worst form.
There’s no way to say it other than to repeat the eloquence with which our fine fellow American John McCain said earlier today about another fine American servant, Huma Abedin.
After reclaiming the lowly level of IQ to which one sinks when considering such baseless allegations and the energy it takes to fight them (easier to destroy than to create, goes the religious zealot’s credo), it’s futile to write eloquently and lengthily about any of the related topics:
- importance of facts
- holding those guilty of libel, slander and/or hate speech
- inflaming of fundamentalist GOP Christians by their own kind
- sullying the reputation of our finest American servants
- dangers of religious discrimination
- and so forth and so on
Where to even start when you’ve those as indecent as those who make such allegations? It’s amazing they don’t have names attached to them in the mainstream press, but here’re their names:
- Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) (to call her a representative may be too much flattery)
- Trent Franks (R-AZ)
- Louie Gohmert (R-TX)
- Thomas Rooney (R-FL)
- Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA)
and it all comes from Frank Gaffney, an Islamophobe. The key here is credible evidence, not baseless fear. Make sure those shameless GOP Christians don’t get re-elected and shamed publically for their supporting baseless allegations.