Editor’s Note: The below comes to us from our friends at the AALDEF. Note also last week’s AALDEF job posting for an Anti-Trafficking Community Organizer & their Thursday event in NYC for the AAIFF film “Mr. Cao Goes to Washington“.
SPECIAL EVENTS ASSISTANT
The Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) is a 38-year old New York-based national civil rights organization that protects and promotes the civil rights of Asian Americans through litigation, advocacy and community education. AALDEF has a 22-person staff and is supported by foundation and corporate grants, individual contributions, and special events. We receive no government funds. For more information about AALDEF and its current activities, visit our website at www.aaldef.org.
The Special Events Assistant will assist in the planning, preparation and execution of our annual anniversary dinner gala and silent auction in February 2013.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sponsorship development and outreach, writing materials, managing and follow up for reservations, ticket sales and donations.
- Maintaining databases and files.
- Preparing and maintaining sponsor/donor solicitations and acknowledgments, mailings and emails.
- Assisting with the production of the invitations and dinner programs.
- Coordinating silent auction/raffle donations, including developing prospects, solicitations and acknowledgment, brochure and silent auction planning and production.
- Meeting event timelines and deadlines in order to assure a successful event or activity.
Applicants must be self-motivated, have good organization and writing skills, be detail oriented, able to work independently, organize and coordinate multiple tasks, develop and manage projects in a timely manner and have database and internet skills. Some fundraising experience is preferable. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience using Filemaker is a plus. Flexibility with extra hours around the time of special events is necessary. This is a temporary part-time position.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, August 17th, 2012 to:
Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
99 Hudson Street, 12 fl, New York, NY 013-2815
Att: J. Weng
Or Email to: (write “Special Events Assistant job” in the subject line)
Start Date: September 2012
Compensation: The salary is commensurate with experience.
AALDEF is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.