Editor’s Note: The below is a rep-posting of Field Director from our friends at the Jay Chen for Congress campaign. Jay Chen is a AAA-Fund Endorsed Candidate in his campaign for the US House of Representatives in California’s 39th CD.
The Jay Chen for Congress campaign is looking to hire a Field Director as soon as possible. The successful applicant will implement the campaign’s field strategy and direct all field operations for a tri-county, geographically dispersed and ethnically diverse congressional district. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead staff to achieve daily and weekly canvassing goals in order to achieve the campaign’s field strategy.
- Manage staff in at least two different field offices in a geographically dispersed district. Experience managing distributed teams and in similarly structured organizations is desired.
- Develop workflows to efficiently coordinate large quantities of precinct packets, data, and volunteers in order to meet goals.
- Write targeted walk and phone scripts, in cooperation with communications staff.
- Utilize PDI in a skilled manner to input canvassing responses, create universes, cut walk and phone lists, and maintain voter data.
- Employ basic quantitative skills and draw on past campaign field experience to provide senior campaign staff with daily and weekly summaries.
The successful applicant will possess excellent organizational and exceptional writing and verbal communication skills. In addition, the successful applicant will possess good political judgment, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please)