Editor’s Note: Richard’s writing below means he’s tracking it but not that the AAA-Fund gives an endorsement.
Election 2014 is well underway! Ones I’m looking at include:
- Rep. Mike Honda (CA-17) for re-election, vote Jun 3 & Nov 4 – his opponent Ko Rhanna says anything to get a vote as in this 2-faced ad which reverses his old pride in big money Silicon Valley donors even making the famed “I’m no techie” snide remark … please, he’s an opportunist shark, don’t trust him; nice to see someone sued Ko Khanna of splitting the Indian-American vote; more follow up adds a name to those corrupting the candidate registration process; truth or not, I’m unsurprised Rhanna’s attracted such delusioned or snide voters thanks to his Machevallian personality
- US Rep. Ami Bera (CA-7) for US House, vote Nov 4
- US Rep. Colleen Hanabusa (HI) for US Senate; vote Aug 9 & Nov 4 – opponent Schatz also would say anything to get a vote as seen in his ad; I wrote in support of here in a prior post
- CA State Senator Ted Lieu (CA SD 28) for US House; vote Jun 3 & Nov 4
- IA State Senator Swati Dandekar (IA SD 18) for US House; vote Nov 4
- Stephanie Gray Chang for MI State House of Representatives (MI-6); vote Aug 4 & Nov 4
- HI State Senator Donna Mercado Kim (HI) for US House, vote Nov 4
- longtime AAA-Fund friend Dr. Manan Trivedi announced his candidacy for US House (PA-6); Parrish withdrew leaving him as the only Democrat (in PA-6)
- Suja Lowenthal (CA-70) for CA State Assembly, vote Jun 3
- Betty Yee for California state controller
- Brianne Nadeau-Ford for DC Ward 1 – not Asian but a supporter of many; Facebook, Twitter
- Herndon City Councilmember Grace Han Wolf for re-election – our VA chapter endorsed her; vote May 6
- Reshma Saujani for New York City Public Advocate – don’t know her but her campaign is too Machallivian for my taste; more here
- disgraced CA State Senator Leland Yee (CA-8) was formerly running California Secretary of State … – … until arrested and indicted on huge corruption charges
- Suchada “Sue” Langley – elected Chair of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee, the largest committee in Virginia. Dr. Langley is a retired USDA economist and Thai American.
- Clarence Tong – elected Chair of the Alexandria Democratic Committee. Clarence works in the Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs (CI) at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). He is Chinese-American & was the Communications Director and Policy Director for Congressman Joe Sestak (D-PA), who lost to and is running again in 2016 against Senator Toomey.
I’ll update this post regularly (3 edits already) for my own purposes, but all comments welcome below.
Good to do for any/all would be to tag politicians’ Wikipedia pages for Category:Members of the United States Congress of Asian descent or to edit this Wikipedia article.