I’ve blogged here since 2008 specifically about the toxic mix of religion & politics & notably how religion self-justifies personal flaws.
Today, let’s categorize Middle East crisis (now in its 2,500th year) camps:
- Rational Historians: There’s been plenty written for centuries, especially recently, about the Mideast crisis. Most of what’s to be said has already been said.
- Gave Up: A religious war 2500 years long with which self-justifies the mutual killing will end only when religion ends. Which is never.
- Idealists: Let’s make peace! The endless stream of preachey & arrogant social media posts (i.e. “A Plea to Christian, Muslim and Jewish Friends“) by outsiders, especially white saviors & their kind
- Jews: Peace is killing all the other side & taking their land.
- Islamists: (see Jews)
- Lawyers: Let’s defend religious expression with ethics and the rule of law. (as always, such folks are clueless & useless)
- Killers: Busier killing the other side instead of bothering with futile social media posts like our friends’ & blogs like this.
So it goes on. And on. Until the end of time mortal. That’s not news, that’s daily life.