Earlier, we posted the White House AAPI Twitter Q&A, “What’s Your Story?” Voting. We’re happy to say that the voting results are in and our friend and former Sam Yoon intern and AAA-Fund sponsoree, Chun-Fai Chan, notifies us of his hometown’s Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center having won as 1 of the 6 Champions of Change. You can help sponsor the Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center‘s trip to the White House for the Thursday, April 5 ceremony at their CrowdRise page.
The other winners also each represent (an) AAPI institution(s):
- My Name Is PK from KOLLABORATION, the annual major Asian-American cultural arts series
- Terisa Tinei Siaagatonu of LA’s Youth Speaks and the UCLA Pacific Islander Education and Retention (PIER) Project
- Harry Leong of the Philadelphia Suns basketball and Chinese line dancing team
- The Asian Pride Project of the The Asian Pride Project, a consortum of Asian pride organizations
- Capturing Love by Nidhi Chanani, an Indian-American artist and designer
We also thank the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for holding his important contest to raise awareness of what’s happening in our larger AAPI community.