Do you write? Want to get paid to do it?
Apply to be our 2016 Mike Honda Writing Fellow! It’s 1 paid internship to write 4 quality blog posts per month.
Compensation: paid monthly stipend (per experience), Democratic National Convention access
The Asian American Action Fund works to increase Asian American political participation at all levels, especially Congressional. We do so by mentoring candidates, advising campaigns, aiding logistics (get out the votes, writing assistance), media (blog, social media, newsletter), endorsing candidates, sponsoring events, and making donations. We seek a writing fellow to write our newsletter, press releases, and social media posts.
What We’ll Give You:
- nationally renowned AAPI PAC to add to your resume
- access to prominent AAPIs politicians per your role & interests
- opportunity to cover the 2016 DNC (Democratic National Convention) in Philadelphia where the party will select their nominee for POTUS; access but room/board not paid though we can book together
You’ll write monthly:
- 8 social media posts to reinforce our mission to increase AAPI political participation in the US
- 1 newsletter
- 1-2 press releases, often in short order since they’ll be about the news of the day
We pay by mailing a check by the 15th of the month following the calendar month in which the requirements are completed.
Apply to email@example.com with:
- What is your interest in AAPI political participation?
- Where can we read 1 writing sample (URL or paste plain text)?
- What’s your future in politics?
- How will you give the needed time & labor commitment?
- 3 professional references
- 1 resume/cv
- name, address, email, cell, chat method (if any); WhatsApp & GTalk are popular
We look forward to hearing from you!
As always, written submissions to this blog are always welcome.Note: The AAA-Fund welcomes a diversity of views and voices. In that spirit, the views expressed in this article are the author's own. Unless an article states that it was written by the AAA-Fund or its Board of Directors, it does not necessarily reflect the views of the AAA-Fund.