Editor’s Note: This role is no longer available in paid version as we filled this twice before thus only volunteer version available. Our other open job postings are paid writing fellowship and unpaid blog contributor. In addition, we’re open to any volunteering in any skillset, apply for any or all at email@example.com.
The AAA-Fund is a progressive political organization that is dedicated to empowering Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders across the United States. Through the AAA-Fund, Asian American Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) from different ethnic groups and from all over the country work together to increase the voice of the AAPI community in local, state and federal government. We do this by helping to elect AAPI and other political candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to the community, and by engaging AAPIs in the political process.
Applicants should have strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat & more. Interns with web design experience highly preferred. Interns will, on occasion, assist with operational programming of the AAA-Fund. All work is remote.
- Contribute to website upkeep and content creation.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks.
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and others platforms.
- Create video content to be shared on YouTube or other platforms.
- Evaluate involving social media needs and implement a new social media platform
- Assist in developing digital reputation of the AAA-Fund.
- Understanding and prior usage of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and, LinkedIn. We use Hootsuite for Teams.
- Familiarity with AP Style and grammar laws.
- Previous experience with blog writing, (content creation highly preferred).
- Web design (WordPress, HTML, basic CSS) experience.
- Photography/video creation experience.
Our intern will develop skills in:
- Production Design – image resizing, email and digital layouts, preparing images or assets for websites, reproducing website page layouts with new assets.
- Graphic Design – assist in the creation of campaigns, social media brand elements, advertising concepts and layouts, email redesign concepts and layouts.
- Content Creation – support the a team in the creation of content such as candidate interview videos for website and social media campaigns.
- Research and Strategy – work with an information management professional to learn how to conduct campaign research, fact check, provide inspiration for AAA-Fund action and campaigns.
- Infrastructure Design – work with professional web designers, information professionals, and the AAA-Fund Executive Board in order to upgrade existing social media platforms.
Apply by commenting below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.Note: The AAA-Fund welcomes a diversity of views and voices. In that spirit, the views expressed in this article are the author's own. Unless an article states that it was written by the AAA-Fund or its Board of Directors, it does not necessarily reflect the views of the AAA-Fund.